For people unable to read standard print with ease due to vision impairment, physical disability or a learning disability, or for those who are unable to hold a book, Riverina Regional Library is proud to provide its members with this service.
Riverina Regional Library has purchased Plextalk devices – digital talking book players that have been especially designed for the print disabled. The devices are now available to be borrowed from any branch of Riverina Regional Library, including the Mobile Library.
Our branch libraries also have a range of audio books that you can borrow and play on the Plextalk devices.
- Supports audio books formatted in DAISY, MP3 and CD books, as well as music CDs
- Supports USB and SD cards
- Text and HTML files can be read and navigated
- Reading speed and tonal quality can be adjusted to suit your listening requirements
- Requires mains power as the batteries have reached the end of their life and cannot be replaced.
- Voice guidance helps you through all the functions
Please contact your local branch if you or someone you know will benefit from this Initiative.